State and Federal Resources
Colorado Secretary of State (SOS)
Click on the links below to learn more.
Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC): 888-225-5322
- Regulates interstate and international communication by radio, television, wire, satellite and, cable. Does not regulate sales & advertising practices.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): 877-382-4357
- Complaints taken at the above toll free number. Regulates selling & advertising practices and accepts complaints, but does not act on all.
- For interstate fraud go to econsumer.gov. This is a portal for a consumer to report complaints about online and related transactions with foreign companies.
- Attorney General, Colorado (Colorado Dept of. Of Law): 303-866-4500
- Represents the legal interests of the people of the state. Primary authority for consumer protection, antitrust laws, criminal appeals, white collar crimes, Training/Certification of peace officers, natural/environmental matters.